Acupuncture Point Injection Therapy
Acupuncture Point Injection Therapy is the injection of saline, homeopathic substances, vitamins, or Chinese herbs into acupuncture points to increase the effects of the treatment and the point. Like acupuncture, fine needles are inserted into acupuncture points or trigger points just under the skin or into muscles. This technique is often used to treat pain, muscle spasm, inflammation, arthritis, fatique, and vitamin deficiency. Substances also act as natural antibiotics and promote general health.
The Oriental Healing Clinic uses the following remedies:
Traumeel (by Heel)
- Muscular pain, joint pain, sports injuries and bruising
Zeel (by Heel)
- Mild to moderate arthritic pain, osteoarthritis and joint stiffness
Engystol (by Heel)
- Stimulates the nonspecific defense system in viral infections such as influenza, cold sores and feverish conditions
- Muscle spasms
- Benefits neurological disorders like progressive memory loss and lethargy
- Used successfully in treating Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Helps reduce the risk of heart diseases and strokes
- Benefits people with pernicious anemia
In cases of chronic illness or acute injury the interstitial fluid may become congested with the waste products of inflammation from injured tissue, preventing the efficient nutrient and waste product transfer between the cells and the bloodstream. The injection of saline or other remedies may improve the quality of the interstitial fluid allowing nutrient and waste product transfer between the cells and bloodstream to occur efficiently again.