Natural Allergy Remedies
Do you experience allergies with such symptoms as congestion, itchy and runny nose, itchy and watery or swollen eyes, itchy skin and red skin? Then look to acupuncture and Chinese Herbal Medicine and other natural allergy remedies to offer symptom relief.
Chinese Medicine will also identify the root cause which often involves your digestive system.
Tips for helping with allergies
- Adding citrus foods like oranges, tangerines and grapefruit to your diet can help clear sinus passages.
- Avoiding dairy, rich oily foods and those food you know to increase phlegm or mucus in your system can reduce congestion.
- Pressuring two common acupuncture points for 30 sec can help alleviate some allergy symptoms. Start with Large Intestine 20 located on both sides of your nostrils in the groove that forms when you smile, it relieves congestion. Then Gallbladder 20 located at the base of your skull either side of the spine in the natural indentation, it helps with headache.
- The herbal formula Bi Yan Pian can help nasal congestion.
- A neti pot can be helpful in keeping sinus passage clear and flushing out airborne allergens.
Don’t suffer any longer with allergies, contact us or book an appointment online at our acupuncture clinic in Boulder or Nederland to find out how we can help your battle your allergies.